Sunday, January 6, 2008

Leslie....

I just have to tell you about my friend Leslie. She is amazing at so many things....and I have learned so much from her. Although we never 'really' get to spend time together...I would certainly love to. But somehow despite this, we've managed to stay in (and sometimes out of) touch since we were (ummmm...) like in grade 7 or 8. This was the year I attended my first year at Camp Quin-Mo-Lac (sp?). Considering we lived several hours apart as kids, for a couple of years she would come to visit my family during March Break and then I would spend a week or two with her family (which I might add are amazing people) in the summer!

Over the years (especially over the last 7 or so) and despite our distance (she in Ontario and I in New Brunswick) she has taught me so many things from scrapping, to photography, to parenting, to simply being more generous, to finding information about adopting. I really admire her and I want her to know how much I look up to her. When you spend time (okay, even if only 'cyber-time') with her she makes you want to live a better life and be a better person and that feels amazing! Thank you LESLIE!

OKAY - this all may seem very weird. Like, why do I have a hockey photo of Noah to start off an entry about Leslie, right? Well, all I really wanted to do is upload this photo that I performed some quick edits on that again, I learned how to do from Leslie and share this link with all of you and NOW look at what this blog entry became!!! Although this photo is not the most stellar photo - I LOVED it! It was such a natural look on Noah's face and you wouldn't believe what this photo started off looking like! It just goes to show you how much you can do with a good photo editing softward like Adobe Photoshop.
So if you want to learn what I learned about some of the quick edits I learned....check out this link of Leslie's PHOTOG BLOG!

AGAIN Leslie - YOU ROCK! Thanks for all that you probably don't even know you do!

1 comment:

Leslie & Shaune said...

Tara, ummm wow. I'm speechless. I really wish you lived next door. There is just something about you that has kept us friends all these years. I feel we are very alike and the things that are different about each of us don't matter at all. I feel you are a special person and you flatter me with your post. I feel so special right now after reading that. You are a wonderful friend.

If you think I rock... you should look in the mirror sometime. There are so many qualities about you that I wish I possessed my friend. I admire you greatly.

Leslie